Testimonials

“We so much enjoyed our experience with Brad and Cindy Simmons and Lucky Dog BarBQ.  The food and service was outstanding in every way, and we had lots of very positive feedback from our guests – who happen to be in the food service business themselves!   Thanks Brad and Cindy – Hunter, Landon and Taylor, too”.   Susie and John Roush

‘My brother is a chef, and he loves brisket – he’s tweaking all the time.  OMG, your brisket is the ‘Thunder Kill’.  James.    Brad’s note – I guess that means he liked it — a lot.  :-)

“Great job last night y’all!  Tasty – Tasty!”  Tim Robbins  http://www.juniorsgeneralstore.com/

Hey Cindy & Brad,  We had a great time in Perryville, the food was freaking fabulous!  We need to get together sometime….eat a little and drink a little! :) Crystal

Brad,  Just wanted you to know that the brisket last night was awesome. I wouldn’t have known about it without facebook and you becoming a friend.  Thanks, Dorothy

“Excellent job on the BBQ earlier at Joe’s!  It was good to see you and Cindy and nice to meet your boys too!”

Jill Coffman

Many thanks and congratulations to Brad and Cindy Simmons of http://www.LexingtonBBQ.com (also known as http://www.LuckyDogBBQ.com ) for an outstanding hickory smoked meal for Guest Chef Night last night ………. many satisfied customers and full bellies!!!!
Joe Davis, owner of 4th St Deli & Tap Live!
Brad,Thanks again! I can’t begin to tell you how awesome everything was, from the food to the service. You all are fantastic! I will recommend you all to anyone looking for a great caterer and a good time! I will definitely be in touch late summer about Falk Fest V.

Thanks Again,

Andrew Falk

6 Comments

6 Responses to Testimonials

1. Jon BeegleNo Gravatar says:

I cook bbq in Floyd Va and found the video of your smoker on youtube. I am in the process of converting my existing smoker into a Reverse Flow System but cannot find information on the distance required between the tuning plates and the cooking service. Can you help me with this?

2. BradNo Gravatar says:

my “false bottom” is just an inch below the cooking grates. That is not the issue. The issue is draft – now i am no expert, but I’ve heard some buzz about the distance from the bottom of the barrel to the false bottom, needs to be about the same distance as the opening — where the smoke changes direction. I think that is clear as mud – even confusing me.

but the opening which changes direction – needs to be the same distance as the distance below the plate. does that make sense?

3. Eddie HazelettNo Gravatar says:

Dear Brad:

I recently made the trip from Paintsville to Nahunta, GA and meet Ben at Lang smokers. Me and a pal purchased a 60 with the deluxe smoker box on the back. We needed a little extra income to put the kids thru college. If you got any advice it would be greatly appreciated from someone that has used the Lang’s as successfully as you have. We have yet to “cure” the smoker but are planning on it this weekend. Gotta get it done before the Cats start playing football. Thanks in advance for your tips.

Eddie Hazelett
    Ol’ Blue BBQ

4. Steve CNo Gravatar says:

Just saw Moe win it all on Bar-B-Que Pitmasters. I hope some day you guys will consider delivering to Virginia so the east coast can finally have some real bar-b-que.

5. AnnaNo Gravatar says:

My fiance and watched you on T.V your food looks so good wish we lived close so we could try some.My fiance Demetric won’t eat coleslaw but he said he would “love to try yours”
    We live all the way in Ca.when we do go that way we sure will stop by and try your food

Take Care
    Anna and Demetric

6. Nate AdamsNo Gravatar says:

We used Lucky Dog BBQ for our homecoming dinner and it was fabulous. Brad and Cindy were so easy to work with and very accomodating. They were always willing to help with any questions we had and just wanted to please! The service was excellent, and the food was outstanding. I reccommend them to anyone! What a great night!